1/2 day workshop on BEHAVIOUR PREVENTION STRATEGIES
8:30am-12:30pm (morning session)
1st 4 hour session (morning) - "BEHAVIOUR PREVENTION STRATEGIES"
- preparing before to prevent negative behaviour from happening with clear expectations & communication
- exploring how to provide 'emotional structure/expectations' not just 'physical expectations'
- planning around behavioural factors such as fatigue and insecurities
- noticing signs of escalation which lead to aggressive behavior; triggers, causes
- recognizing how anxiety plays a role in negative outbursts and behaviour
- how connection and guidance play a role and what exactly does that look like
- understand why 'logical' explanations & common disciplinary techniques are ineffective
- learn strategies through lecture, Q & A, situational solutions, interactive group activities