Full day workshop on BEHAVIOUR PREVENTION & GUIDANCE STRATEGIES
8:30am-12:30pm & 1:30pm-5:30pm
1st 4 hour session (morning) - "BEHAVIOUR PREVENTION STRATEGIES"
- preparing before to prevent negative behaviour from happening with clear expectations & communication
- exploring how to provide 'emotional structure/expectations' not just 'physical expectations'
- planning around behavioural factors such as fatigue and insecurities
- noticing signs of escalation which lead to aggressive behavior; triggers, causes
- recognizing how anxiety plays a role in negative outbursts and behaviour
- how connection and guidance play a role and what exactly does that look like
- understand why 'logical' explanations & common disciplinary techniques are ineffective
- learn strategies through lecture, Q & A, situational solutions, interactive group activities
Lunch Break: 12:30p-1:30pm (bring your own lunch & refreshments)
2nd 4 hour session (afternoon) - "BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT & GUIDANCE STRATEGIES"
- how to manage the negative behaviour quickly & effectively as it is happening even in the most challenging of situations
- how to de-escalate behavior and remain neutral while in the 'heat-of-the-moment'
- prepare how to control the situation not the child
- learn how to support the expectations you've already put in place
- know why and how to correct behaviour
- understand how to separate our experiences from the child and the different perceptions of an experience
- learn strategies through lecture, Q & A, situational solutions, interactive group activity