QUALITY PLAYTIME TIPS
· Let your child know when to EXPECT the one on one time (via schedule or daily reminder)
· It should be CHILD-LED. Allow your child to choose a safe & appropriate activity and go along with it
· You can ask your child questions & make comments but most importantly, just LISTEN!
· Aim for at least 30 MINUTES DAILY or try to work up to that goal (10 minute increments or alternate days)
· Turn off phones and stop any other possible DISTRACTIONS (like making dinner or folding laundry on the side)
· Get creative and PLAN for other siblings to do something else during this time.