5 TOPICS TO INCLUDE IN A MEDIA PLAN
- All RULES & EXPECTATIONS: what games/activities are appropriate as well as the purpose to each one
- Appropriate TIMES of day: such as not before school only after school once homework is complete
- Appropriate PLACES to use: such as not at dinner time or in your room but it's okay in the living room
- Amount of TIME per day: let each family member know because it's different from preschooler and teenager
- How to TRACK the time: discuss what to use such as a timer or unplug the wifi
- Any EXCEPTIONS: like when friends are over or weekends
- BREAKING of the rules: discuss what may happen if rules are 'bent' or 'broken'
As parents, we are being watched all the time by children. Being a good role model by obeying the family rules and managing your own screen use is one of the most important things to be mindful of. Kids do as they SEE, not as they are TOLD.
For more info on this topic or a customized MEDIA PLAN for your family, contact us at email@example.com